Apollo 13

Apollo 13
Houston, we have a problem...

Thursday 11 March 2010

just a little medical mutiny...

I'm sick and tired of the entire western world knowing how my kidneys are functioning...

Yes - today I had a doctor's appointment. The doctor I was supposed to see was not there - I was given the wrong location in my letter to confirm the appointment. So the staff at the surgery phoned the doctor I was supposed to see and I could hear intimate details of my case being discussed for all to hear down the corridor - including two other people waiting for appointments.

Then I had a talk with my doctor on the phone and still people were able to overhear the conversation. Then some hours later I was discussing the whole encounter with my partner who also had her sister with her in the car who could also hear all the intensely personal stuff that I had discussed with the doctor....

*rips bio-med sensors from chest*


Flight Surgeon:
"Flight - I just lost all bio-med data on Lovell"

Flight Controller Gene Kranz:
"cut em a little slack Doc, It's just a little medical mutiny - I'm sure they're still with us.."

sheesh!

Oh by the way, I have decided to suspend the snakes and ladders, and fairground grabber metaphors until further notice. This is in the interests of clarity and uniformity and the writer accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly, by this ruling.

From now on all metaphors will be limited only to human space flight and for a limited period only, EXCLUSIVELY to the mission and crew of Apollo 13.

Thank you for helping to carry my dead elephant for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment